Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here is our Schlemmer cookie recipe for you
for approx. thirty pieces
- 360 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 g soft butter
- 260 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar beet syrup (for example: “Grafschafter Goldsaft”)
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon vanilla sugar (not vanillin)
- 2 eggs
- 300 g bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Let stand.
- Mix soft butter, sugar and syrup and whip with a food processor or with a hand mixer approx. three minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla sugar and eggs and whip for another approx. three minutes until the mixture is even fluffier.
- Add flour mixture and mix in gently.
- Fold in the chocolate briefly.
- Shape the biscuits by letting the batter fall in large drops from a spoon onto the baking tin, leaving plenty of space between them.
- Depending on size, bake for 10-13 minutes in a hot oven (185 degrees). Allow to cool on the baking tin.
- Only stir in the flour and chocolate bits until everything is just barely mixed together, the batter must remain soft.
- And to keep the biscuits from getting too hard, take them out of the oven earlier rather than later, since they become firmer whilst cooling.
- They taste best when still warm and the chocolate bits melt in your mouth.
Do not worry about the shape, since the small mounds of butter melt and spread out to form perfect circles whilst baking.