Oil and gas
The oil and gas industry represents one of the roughest environments on earth. It requires that all equipment and machines operating in areas where explosive atmospheres may occur comply with international certifications in order to ensure the protection of the installation and of the individuals.
The products have to meet essential health and safety requirements and undergo appropriate conformity procedures before being given the certification approval for a specific geographical market.
Schlemmer’s ATEX product series for cable glands and conduit fittings are certified for different types of protection depending on the materials and production methods used.
- Schlemmer products with ATEX approval may be used in explosive atmospheres throughout Europe.
- IECEx is the IEC System of certification to standards relating to equipment for use in explosive atmospheres. Schlemmer electrical components with IECEx approval may be used in explosive environments throughout the world.
- Schlemmer products with INMETRO approval may be used in explosive atmospheres in Brazil.
- Schlemmer products with EAC approval may be used in explosive atmospheres throughout the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Armenia).
- Schlemmer Ex products with NEMA approval may be used in explosive atmospheres in the USA.
- Schlemmer Ex products with UL approval may be used in explosive atmospheres in the USA.
- Schlemmer Ex products with CSA approval may be used in explosive atmospheres in Canada.
Depending on the type, ATEX cable glands from Schlemmer are certified for the protection types „Ex e/t“ or „Ex d/e/t“.show more
A „pressure-tight encapsulation“ (d) according to EN 60079-1 encases all parts of a device in the housing in such a way that in the event of an explosion inside, it will withstand the explosion pressure that arises. The protection type „Increased safety“ (e) according to EN 60079-7 prevents the formation of excessive temperatures, sparks or arcs inside or on external parts of electrical equipment. Schlemmer cable glands offer comprehensive protection when used in hazard zones 1 and 2 (explosive gas environments), as well as 21 and 22 (potentially explosive dust environments).
All conduit fittings in a generator assembly in hazardous locations have to be LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen). This also applies for our normal corrugated tubes (from Schlemmer) and Liquid Tight Flexible Metallic conduit (from Anamet). The cable glands and the conduit fittings in this case have to be ATEX Ex e/t or Ex d/e/t rated.