Quality Manager (m/f)
Location: San Antonio
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and customer requirements with other members of management and with Operations, QA technicians, and Engineering and Projects.
- Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; devising testing methods and procedures. Maintaining testing Data on a yearly basis
- Establishes in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Establishes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Process Control - Work with manufacturing teams to evaluate and mitigate process risks; develop and implement process control plans, validate production processes via qualification testing pre- and post-launch. Monitor and report ongoing process control and audit measurements.
- Problem Solving - Lead and complete timely Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA), 5-Why Analysis, or similar systematic approach to investigate and solve product and process nonconformities.
- Continuous Improvement - Refine and enhance products and processes by applying continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Supplier Quality – evaluate, qualify, measure and manage suppliers jointly with Purchasing. Initiate corrective action requests and follow up for resolution and improvement.
- Claims - Primary contact for analysis and resolution of quality non-conformance and warranty issues. Provide feedback to facility in order to facilitate corrective action/improvement.
- Metrics - Devise, analyze, and report effective metrics for plant quality performance and develop Quality Improvement Plans.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / Master's Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of quality experience in a manufacturing plant required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity in the field of Quality Control, Engineering, or Quality Engineering required.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma / VDA 6.3 / TS 16941
- Follows Company's quality and corporate/environmental policies.
- Follows Procedures and work instructions established by Schlemmer USA Inc.to Comply with requirements of TS 16949:2009, and ISO 14001.
- Follows procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by Schlemmer USA Inc.to comply with all applicable Legal requirements
4709 Macro Drive
78218 San Antonio, Texas